Award winning Yorkshire wedding photographer John Manktelow
Specialising in creative documentary wedding photography and wedding photojournalism
I shoot weddings in Harrogate, Ripon, Skipton, York, Leeds, Pontefract, Sheffield, Ilkey, Otley and all over the whole of Yorkshire and the UK.
What I care the most about on the day is creating absolutely beautiful photography. Pictures that will put a smile on your face and bring the occasional
tear to your eye.
As every wedding is different, please get in touch for an affordable quote tailored to your specifications. (Packages at £270, £650, £950, £1,150 and £1,350).
Harrogate Registry Office:
For those looking to just cover the ceremony I charge £270 which includes your fully edited digital images. The location offers some perfect photo opportunities.
My preferred approach to photography is very natural and 'hands off'. Whether you want to call it documentary, reportage, photojournalism or storytelling wedding photography. That means that most of the day I shoot candid, natural images as they happen in a discreet, unobtrusive way. I will not pose you or ask you to smile - just capture beautiful images as they happen, naturally.
I do of course take any family group shots you would like and also shoot some relaxed couple portrait shots. I can do these quickly and efficiently without taking you away from your wedding day for too long. When I photograph a wedding, all day coverage means just that, from dawn to midnight if required. It is your day, the story doesn’t finish at the first dance, and I believe your photo story shouldn’t either.
The images I shoot are then carefully edited and crafted to create a beautiful story of the day, in pictures. I capture emotions and memories as I see them and I won’t interfere or orchestrate your wedding day. My job is to blend into the day, being an almost invisible part of it, while still being in the right place to catch those beautiful moments that you will treasure forever.
Visit my bespoke wedding business: Elegant Wedding Photography at www.elegantweddingphotography.co.uk
· A no obligation pre-wedding meeting or venue visit: As it's a great opportunity to meet each other and ask lots of questions.
· Your choice of coverage on the day. I will be there as long as you want me to be.
· Included in all my packages are the services of my wife - offering bespoke wedding planning and advice or help on the day.
· Your carefully retouched images on a USB stick or CD ready for you to print and place above the mantlepiece.
· A password protected online gallery: An ideal way for your family and friends to enjoy your pictures and purchase prints.
· Loyalty discount for future photo shoots including half price studio future Newborn photo shoot.
· A free photo shoot if it rains so heavily that no outdoor shots can be taken. I'll take the couple out for a bespoke shoot after the wedding.
· I can also provide photo books.
· I also offer engagement shoots, a second photographer and fine art wedding albums.
· I’m available throughout the UK and for destination weddings.
“John is an absolutely amazing wedding photographer! He went way above and beyond to capture our big day, including staying till midnight!
He’s so easy going yet hard-working - somehow managing to snap the smallest moments that meant so much, yet we hardly noticed he was there... And the end result is just beyond fabulous!
Very highly recommended, he has a great personality too and was a pleasure to have at our wedding. Thank you John!!”
Getting married is one of the most incredible things you will do in your life. Putting how you feel on your day into words is difficult, but it can be achieved with pictures. Which is where I come in; capturing the emotion, the journey, your story. Wedding photography really is an investment for life, and future generations. I feel it is so important to capture the day perfectly, and preserve forever.
You write the script. My focus is then upon documenting your story beautifully, through observation, not orchestration, with attention paid to every detail.
I believe a wedding should be photographed sympathetically and subtly. A quiet observer, blending into the background, telling the story, from start to finish.
And when I say the finish, that means capturing every element of your day, right till the end, if you wish.
Visit my bespoke wedding business:
Elegant Wedding Photography